1. Students are engaged in high quality discussions in pairs, groups and whole class discussion opportunities (i.e., Socratic Seminar, Padlet)
2. Students are engaged in carefully planned and differentiated lesson plans (i.e., varied activities for subgroups and diverse texts).
3. Students are assessed in multiple ways (diagnostic, formative, summative) to advance higher-level thinking (i.e., Plickers, Kahoot, Quizziz).
4. Students are engaged in collaborative and/or independent student centered rigorous tasks. (i.e., Peardeck, QFT, CRT, Real World Problem Solving; STEM Labs).
5. Students are practicing advanced literacy (reading & writing) skills across the curriculum (i.e., Annotation, Revision, CRT based texts)
6. Students are provided with clear and rigorous learning targets (LO/AIM/Objectives as shaped by the HESS Matrix).